Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Our Stories in RAF News - IVF Lottery

Dear Families Federation, I am so frustrated with the NHS! My wife and I were referred for fertility treatment by the SMO. We underwent one course of IVF, which was funded by the local Primary Care Trust and my wife became pregnant. During that time I elected for a posting but, before accepting, made extensive enquiries to determine the impact any move might have on our treatment. The PCT advised that the move to the new location could impact as the PCT responsible for that area usually only funded one cycle rather than three. However, I was subsequently told that because I was in the military we were covered by a ‘reciprocal agreement’ between Trusts and that funding would continue if we required further treatment. I accepted the posting but unfortunately we then lost the baby we were expecting. As you can imagine we were both very distressed and it is only now that I have made enquiries into how we can commence a second course of treatment. This is where the problem begins as the new hospital has now said we are not eligible...See full details

No comments:

Post a Comment