Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Our Stories in RAF News - I am Leaving and I am Just Not Prepared...

Dear Families Federation, I am about to leave the RAF at my 22-year point and have suddenly realised how badly prepared I am for the transition to civilian life. I am divorced and find myself with 64% of my pension allocated to my ex-wife, as well as the family home, which she kept when we separated. I live in the Block so have no home to go to. Although I have a new partner, she lives in Housing Association accommodation with her children and if I were to move in, this would impact on her entitlement to benefits, something I don’t wish to inflict on her. I have no job to go to although I am going on a series of training courses so hope that will help. At the moment I’m facing a very uncertain future and I wonder if you can help?...More information »

No comments:

Post a Comment