Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Our Stories in RAF News - The CSA is Prejudiced against Service Partners

Dear Families Federation, I am currently serving on exchange in the United States. I live here with my wife, her two children from a previous relationship and our baby. My wife's ex-partner was paying maintenance for his children, however, once we got to the USA he stopped paying. When my wife pursued this through the CSA, she was told that they would not assist because she was not a UK resident. She appealed, explaining again that she was in the US only because I am a Crown Servant. Following the appeal she was told that her residence with me was entirely voluntary and therefore the CSA would not take the case. To obtain the maintenance that her children are entitled to the CSA expect her to move back to UK, splitting up our family, to the detriment of us, the older children and our baby...More information »

No comments:

Post a Comment